Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Recipe For An Epic Poo

If you know anything about 433, then you know how important it is for those who live there to not only have great bowel movements, but to have them frequently. For a week now I has been working hard at a summer camp taking care of kids and eating camp "food." These foods include heavily processed frozen goods that can be microwaved and/or quickly warmed in the oven in mass quantities, served with "vegetables" (ketchup) and fruit juice (orange drink or purple stuff). I have recently learned that there is nothing worse than a luke-warm soggy breaded chicken burger patty on a stale, partially frozen whole wheat hamburger bun, served with under-ovened frozen potato wedges. So after a bout of chronic constipation, I was relieved to find that I was pooing, not only frequently, but epically this past weekend... That is until I realized that I was having to go more frequently than I wanted, and the consistency was also... not so ideal.


During my slow recovery, I decided to make my own food for the week to ensure that this would not happen again. Menu item #1, The Breakfast Cookie: Incredibly high in fibre, healthy, low in fat, good source of carbohydrates.


Recipe: Whole wheat flour, brown sugar, apple sauce, flax seed, egg whites, almond slivers, wheat germ, prune puree, raisins.

Happy pooping.

2 comments: